Proceeds from QTC green bonds are allocated against qualifying green projects and assets for the State of Queensland that support Queensland’s pathway to climate resilience and an environmentally sustainable economy. In response to an evolving green bond market, QTC’s Green Bond Framework facilitates the issuance of both:
- Climate Bonds Initiative (CBI) Certified Green Bonds, and
- Green bonds that accord with the International Capital Market Association (ICMA) Green Bond Principles.
Details can be found in the QTC Green Bond Framework. The QTC Green Bond Framework has been developed in line with the Green Bond Principles and is consistent with the Climate Bonds Standard. It has been reviewed by DNV, an independent third party, who has provided an assurance opinion confirming accordance with the ICMA Green Bond Principles.
Eligible Projects and Assets
The net proceeds of both categories of Green Bonds may be allocated to existing, new and ongoing eligible projects and assets that have an environmental benefit associated with the State of Queensland. Eligible project and asset guidelines are set out in the QTC Green Bond Framework.
Allocation of Proceeds
The net proceeds of QTC Green Bonds may be allocated against eligible projects and assets that have an environmental benefit associated with the State of Queensland. This may include proceeds used for partially or wholly financing or re-financing new and existing eligible projects and assets. Details on allocation of proceeds and the eligible projects can be found in the QTC Green Bond Annual Report 2023.
- All QTC Green Bonds must comply with the QTC Green Bond Framework
- QTC’s Green Bond Framework is in accordance with the ICMA Green Bond Principles and is consistent with the Climate Bonds Standard
- DNV Annual Verification Opinion (May 2023)
- DNV External Review Opinion of QTC’s Green Bond Framework
- All of QTC’s obligations under all debt securities issued by QTC are guaranteed by the Queensland Government
- Exempt from Australian interest withholding tax
|22 March 2024||3.00%||AU000XQLQAD1||AA+/Aa1||750|
|6 March 2029||2.50%||AU3SG0001928||AA+/Aa1||1,730|
|10 March 2031||1.25%||AU3SG0002371||AA+/Aa1||1,500|
|2 March 2032||1.50%||AU3SG0002561||AA+/Aa1||3,065
|9 March 2033||4.50%||AU3CB0297547||AA+/Aa1||3,500|
THIS WEBPAGE IS NOT FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION IN WHOLE OR IN PART IN OR INTO THE UNITED STATES. This webpage does not constitute an offer of any securities for sale into the United States. The QTC Green Bonds will not be registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from the registration requirements.