As the Queensland Government’s central financing authority, Queensland Treasury Corporation (QTC) plays a pivotal role in securing the State’s financial success.
With a focus on whole-of-State outcomes, QTC provides a range of financial services to the State and its public sector entities, including local governments. These services include:
- debt funding and management
- cash management facilities
- financial risk management advisory services, and
- specialist public finance education.
QTC borrows funds in the domestic and global markets in the most cost-effective manner and in a way that minimises liquidity risk and refinancing risk. QTC achieves significant economies of scale and scope by issuing, managing and administering the State’s debt funding. Read more information on the Queensland Government Guarantee.
QTC works closely with Queensland’s public sector entities, including local governments, to assist them to effectively manage their financial transactions, minimise their financial risk and achieve the best financial solutions for their organisation and the State.
QTC assists the State’s public sector entities to make the best use of their surplus cash balances within a conservative risk management framework. It offers overnight and fixed-term facilities and a managed short-term fund.
QTC offers a range of financial risk management advisory services to clients, including:
- support to ensure financial risks are identified and effectively managed
- advice on financial and commercial considerations
- expertise in financial transactions and structures
- project management support to deliver key fiscal outcomes, and
- collaboration with the financial markets and private sector institutions.
QTC offers a range of education and training courses that complement its products and advisory services and enables it to share its specialist financial, commercial, treasury management and risk management expertise with clients. Courses are developed and delivered by QTC’s experienced professionals and industry experts.