Proceeds from QTC green bonds are allocated against qualifying green projects and assets for the State of Queensland that support Queensland’s transition to a low carbon, climate resilient and environmentally sustainable economy. In response to an evolving green bond market, QTC’s Green Bond Framework facilitates the issuance of both:
- Climate Bonds Initiative (CBI) certified green bonds, and
- green bonds that accord with the International Capital Market Association (ICMA) Green Bond Principles.
Details can be found in the QTC Green Bond Framework. The QTC Green Bond Framework has been developed in line with the Green Bond Principles and is consistent with the Climate Bonds Standard. It has been reviewed by DNV GL, an independent third party, who has provided an assurance opinion confirming accordance with the ICMA Green Bond Principles.
The net proceeds of both categories of green bonds may be allocated (directly or notionally) to existing, new and ongoing eligible projects that have an environmental benefit associated with the State of Queensland. Eligible project guidelines are set out in the QTC Green Bond Framework.
Allocation of Proceeds
The proceeds from QTC green bonds are allocated against qualifying green projects and assets for the State of Queensland. Details on allocation of proceeds and the eligible projects can be found in the QTC Green Bond Annual Report May 2019.
- All QTC green bonds must comply with the QTC Green Bond Framework
- QTC’s Green Bond Framework is in accordance with the ICMA Green Bond Principles and is consistent with the Climate Bonds Standard
- Assurance Opinion in relation to QTC’s Green Bond Framework as provided by DNV GL (May 2018)
- Annual verification statement as provided by DNV GL (June 2019)
- All of QTC’s obligations under all debt securities issued by QTC are guaranteed by the Queensland Government.
|22 March 2024*||3.00%||AU000XQLQAD1||AA+/Aa1/AA||750|
|6 March 2029*||2.50%||AU3SG0001928||AA+/Aa1/AA||1,730|
THIS WEBPAGE IS NOT FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION IN WHOLE OR IN PART IN OR INTO THE UNITED STATES. This webpage does not constitute an offer of any securities for sale into the United States. The QTC Green Bonds will not be registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from the registration requirements.