The video on this page is not to be released or distributed in the United States or to any ‘US person’ (as defined in Regulation S under the Securities Act (the Securities Act)) or in any jurisdiction where distribution may be restricted by law. The video on this page does not constitute an offer of securities in the United States or to any US persons, or to any person to whom it would not be lawful. Any securities described in the video may not be offered or sold in the United States or to, or for the account or benefit of, US persons absent registration under the Securities Act or an applicable exemption from registration, or to any person to whom it would not be lawful.
The video does not relate to any particular offer of securities. If any offer of securities is made, it shall be pursuant to a definitive offering memorandum prepared by or on behalf of Queensland Treasury Corporation and the State of Queensland (the State) which would contain material information not contained in the video and which shall supersede the video in its entirety.
A rating is not a recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities and may be subject to suspension, reduction or withdrawal at any time by an assigning rating agency. Ratings should be evaluated independently of any other information.
The video contains forward-looking statements. Statements that are not historical facts, including statements about the State’s beliefs and expectations, are forward-looking statements. These statements are based on current plans, budgets, estimates and projections and therefore you should not place undue reliance on them. The words ‘believe’, ‘may’, ‘will’, ‘should’, ‘estimate’, ‘continue’, ‘anticipate’, ‘intend’, ‘expect’ and similar words are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date they are made, and neither the Queensland Treasury Corporation nor the State undertake any obligation to update publicly any of them in light of new information or future events.
Forward-looking statements are based on current plans, estimates and projections and, therefore, undue reliance should not be placed on them. Although the Queensland Treasury Corporation and the State believe that the beliefs and expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, no assurance can be given that such beliefs and expectations will prove to have been correct. Forward-looking statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. We caution you that actual results may differ materially from those contained in any forward-looking statements.
A number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in any forward-looking statement. Factors that could cause the actual outcomes to differ materially from those expressed or implied in forward-looking statements include:
- the international and Australian economies, and in particular the rates of growth (or contraction) of the State’s major trading partners
- the effects, both internationally and in Australia, of any further global financial crisis, any subsequent economic downturn, the ongoing economic, banking and sovereign debt crisis in Europe and any stalling of the protracted United States recovery
- increases or decreases in international and Australian domestic interest rates;
- changes in the State’s domestic consumption
- changes in the State’s labor force participation and productivity
- downgrades in the credit ratings of the State and Australia
- changes in the rate of inflation in the State
- changes in environmental and other regulation, and
- changes in the distribution of revenue from the Australian Government to the State.