About QTC Green Bonds
Proceeds from QTC green bonds are used to fund qualifying green projects and assets for the State of Queensland that support Queensland’s transition to a low carbon, climate resilient and environmentally sustainable economy.
In response to an evolving green bond market, QTC has expanded its Green Bond Framework to facilitate issuance of both:
- CBI certified green bonds, and
- green bonds that accord with the International Capital Market Association (ICMA) Green Bond Principles.
Details can be found in the QTC Green Bond Framework.
The QTC Green Bond Framework has been developed in line with the Green Bond Principles and is consistent with the Climate Bonds Standard. It has been reviewed by DNV GL, an independent third party, who has provided an assurance opinion confirming accordance with the ICMA Green Bond Principles.
The net proceeds of both categories of green bonds may be allocated (directly or notionally) to existing, new and ongoing eligible projects that have an environmental benefit associated with the State of Queensland.
Eligible project guidelines are set out in the QTC Green Bond Framework.
Allocation of Proceeds
The proceeds from the March 2017 issuance of CBI certified green bonds contributed towards a range of projects and assets from the low carbon transport and renewable energy categories of the Climate Bonds Standard.
Details on allocation of proceeds and the eligible projects can be found in the QTC Green Bond Report 2018.
- All QTC green bonds must comply with the QTC Green Bond Framework
- QTC’s Green Bond Framework is in accordance with the ICMA Green Bond Principles
- Assurance Opinion as provided by DNV GL (May 2018)
- All of QTC’s debt obligations under all debt securities are unconditionally guaranteed by the Queensland Government.
- QTC’s outstanding green bond has achieved CBI Certification
- Periodic assurance statement as provided by DNV GL (May 2018)
- Exempt from Australian interest withholding tax.
|3 March 2024*||3.00%||AU000XQLQAD1||AA+/Aa1||750|
^Credit ratings should not be taken as recommendations by a rating agency to buy, sell or hold securities (including the QTC Green Bonds). They may be revised, suspended or withdrawn at any time by the rating agency.
Data as at 28 April 2018.
THIS WEBPAGE IS NOT FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION IN WHOLE OR IN PART IN OR INTO THE UNITED STATES. This webpage does not constitute an offer of any securities for sale into the United States. The QTC Green Bonds will not be registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from the registration requirements.